“Brainjo Bites” is a video series consisting of short, bite-sized bits on all things related to learning to play the banjo (or anything else, for that matter!).
You can also now listen to all Brainjo Bites episodes (plus classic banjo tunes) in podcast form as part of The Brainjo Jam podcast (click below to subscribe).
EPISODES (videos + transcripts)
- How To Be An Authentic Banjo Player
- Drinking Beer & Playing By Ear
- Should You Look At Your Hands When You Play
- Why It’s Great To Be A Beginner
- Have You Stopped Getting Better?
- 5 Reasons To Use Alternate Tunings
- Why Am I Terrible Today?!
- How Much Should You Practice?
- 3 Keys To An Effective Practice Session
- 5 Ways To Crush Stage Fright
- Can You Practice Too Much?
- How Do You Play Faster?
- Why The Path You Take Matters
- Why Your Path Matters – a demonstration
- How To Remember Songs You’ve Learned
- The 7-Step Tab Learning Process
- What Song Should You Learn Next?
- How Many Songs Should You Learn At Once?
- 6 Tips For How To Practice More
- What Can You Learn From Child Prodigies?
- How To Break A Bad Habit
- How To Use The “Tetris Technique”
- How To End Frustration For Good
- The Illusion of Expertise
- How To Start Improvising Today
- Learning What Can’t Be Taught
- The Creator Vs. The Critic
- Why You Hate Your Recordings
- 3 Ways To Use Your Recordings
- The Brain Of A Master Musician